What better time than now?
Join us for our new online class - Novel Writing Boot Camp!
In this class, students receive instruction and practice in the main elements of longer fiction, including creating characters, constructing a plot, developing setting, crafting dialogue, writing descriptions, and more. We use discussion, sketching and drawing, mapping, brainstorming, and games to practice all sorts of fun skills and techniques! By the end of the class, students will have in place a strong story premise, a solid plan, a cast of characters, techniques, and a word count goal. They can then use these tools to write their novels at their own pace after the class ends.
- This class will meet on Zoom, a video conferencing platform. All you need in order to use Zoom is a computer, laptop, tablet, or phone with video and audio capabilities. If you do not have a device that can do this, we can lend you one!
- Class meets for 75 minutes a day for five days. Students will spend approximately 45-60 minutes after class working on homework to prepare for the next day's class, making the total daily time commitment about two hours.
- We have classes set up for three different levels:
May 4-8, 4:30-5:45 pm
Grades 5-6 (FULL)
May 11-15, 4:30-5:45 pm
Grades 7 -9
May 18-22, 4:30-5:45 pm
- The cost of the class is $75, due at registration. If your family is experiencing economic strain at this time but your child would like to attend, please contact us.
- Once we receive your registration, we will confirm within a few hours and send an invoice. Once we receive payment (or set up payment arrangements), you will receive a Zoom code. Then you'll just click the link when it's time for class, and you'll be all set!
- Classes are limited to twelve students. Since classes start soon, it would be best to register early.